A Healthy Treat for the Super Bowl…
The Super Bowl is on Sunday. Now I am not a big football watcher (well heck I don’t understand football and I have had a few friends try to explain it to me) but I do like watching the Super Bowl. I am a big fan of the commercials. This year the Super Bowl should be even more fun since my brother, sister-in-law and nieces live in Philly. My nieces are eagles fans and the rest of us are rooting for the patriots. Every year no matter where I watch the Super Bowl there is always delicious food. Now most of the time the food at these Super Bowl parties are not always so healthy. If you are like me and working on keeping healthy this can be though. Well not anymore I have the best recipe (especially if you like hot wings like me). I have written about this before and thought because I love this recipe so much I would post about it again. You ask what this recipe is well it is buffalo cauliflower with reduced fat blue cheese dressing. I love how I can still have hot wings and blue cheese dressing without all the fat. I would love to hear about some yummy healthy Super Bowl recipes you have.
1 head of Cauliflower
1 bottle of Franks Redhot buffalo sauce ( or any buffalo sauce you like)
- Turn oven on to broil
- wash and cut up cauliflower into medium size pieces
- put cauliflower into a bowl and combine with enough buffalo sauce to cover the cauliflower
- toss and put on baking sheet (I put tinfoil on the baking sheet for easy cleanup)
- roast for about 15 minuets or until the cauliflower is browned.
- once you take the Cauliflower out coat it with more buffalo sauce and serve
Blue Cheese Dressing
1 greek yogurt
1 container of blue cheese
2 Tbs of mayo
- Combine the greek yogurt, blue cheese and Mayo, salt and paper to test
- mix and put in the refrigerator for at least 20 minuets to chill