My obsession with Pinterest…
I love Pinterest there I said it. Yes I have a problem I really love it. Some times I am on Pinterest when I should really be working on blogging things. Pinterest is so much fun! There is so much to look at and find on there. I think I have pinned a million home ideas. It might have even been the impetus for my bedroom redo. Now because of it I want a new rug for my living room. I am helping plan my friends bachelorette party and I am finding so many good ideas on there. I have some really fun boards. Things like recipes, fashion, home decor, and hair. I can even pin my own blog posts. Now I want for you to be able to get the most out of Pinterest. So, I thought I would crest my own guide to Pinterest. For those of you who are already on I hope some of my tips for perfecting your search will help and for those of you who don’t have an account or are new. I hope my tips for newbies will be helpful.
1. When you are first making an account on Pinterest, you can either make a fun username or use your own name. I always like making a fun name. It is also fun to come up with creative totals for your pin boards.
2. It is important when searching a topic that you decide before you search what exactly you are looking for and what key words might help you find it. So for example maybe I am looking for oriental rug ideas for my living room. You might put in the search living room rugs or orients rugs or even just rugs. You would be surprised how many pins you will find and how some of the same posts might be so different from each other. You might phrase your search one way and then phrase it another and you might get some different content then what you found the first time.
3. Another thing you might like doing is following bloggers or instagramers you already follow because then you can see more of the style they like.
4. It is also fun to follow your friends and have them follow you back. My friends and I will share items we find on Pinterest we think other friends might like.
5. If you are using Pinterest to help your blog out a great feature on Pinterest if the group board. You can search online for sights that tell you about group boards and what their style is (I have joined a few).
6. One other tip if you are using your pinterest to help your blog it is helpful to pin your own posts to your boards and the group boards you are on.
I hope these tips helped and happy pinning!